** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
Jimmie Johnson emerged as the race winner and won his seventh championship, tying him with Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt.... Jose Rodriguez becomes the second player to win a championship in all three series.... Congrats to Jose and to Rodney Webb who wins his first Cup race! We'll see everyone back in February!
Today's Date is
Ford EcoBoost 400
Race Results

Click link for full results

Homestead
Top 10 Finishers
Pos
Driver
Pts
1
Rodney Webb 176
2
Kelly Wolfe 175
3
Teeder Jenkins 175
4
Greg Miller 160
5
Wendal Ebach 160
6
Ed Blackman 158
7
Leon Baker 152
8
Will Riney 148
9
Randy Cook 143
10
Dean Higley 143
** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
Homestead
Movers & Snoozers


Troy Wiggins +4
Randy Cook +3
Dean Higley +3

John Wilson -4
Robby Stone -3
Joe Tenpenny -3



Sprint Cup Series News




** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **

** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **

** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
Johnson In Seventh Heaven

** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
After a wild ending, Jimmie Johnson won at Homestead and joined the elite company of Petty and Earnhardt with his seventh championship.


Rodriguez wins first championship, Webb wins first race


Cup race logo

For the second year in a row, Jose Rodriguez qualified for the championship four and had the chance to make up the lost chance he had last year after struggling at Homestead. He finished in 32nd place and third in the standings. This year he faced against three drivers from Northeast Ohio Motorsports. There would be a 25% chance that he would win and a 75% chance that one of the three teammates would win.

Jose worked against the odds to even make the Chase this season after struggling at the start but eventually he found his groove and worked himself up near the top of the standings. Jose beat the odds once again at Homestead. The teammates struggled and Jose was able to easily finish above all of them in 12th place.

That was all Jose needed to do to win his first Cup series championship . Jose Rodriguez is crowned the 2016 Cup Series champion and has now won in all three series. He joins Lou Demian as the only other player to do so. It took him less time to make it happen. Lou won his third different championship after 10 years, Jose only took six years.

While Jose celebrated his first Cup series championship, Rodney Webb got to celebrate his first Cup series win. Rodney scored a total of 176 points to win the Ford EcoBoost 400. It was his first career Cup win and he becomes the second rookie to win a race this year.Rodney will also now join the triple win club having won a race in all three series.

Rodney had a good rookie season but finished second to Tom Watkins. Tom was able to win two races this year and was the only rookie to make the chase. Tom struggled in his rookie seasons in the Xfinity and Truck series, but had much better luck here.

In the race, Kelly Wolfe finished in second place to match his best run of the season. It's the 5th top 5 for Kelly who finishes the season in 20th place.

Teeder Jenkins finished in 3rd place for his 6th top 5 of the year. Teeder had a great first half of the season and looked primed to make the Chase but unfortunately struggled in the second part. It's good that he was able to end the season on a high note.

Greg Miller, still basking on the glow of his Truck championship, had a good end to the cup season with a fourth place run. It was the fifth top 5 for Greg who is hoping for that commanding performance next year.

Wendal Ebach rounded out the top 5 with his 3rd top 5 of the year. Wendal was hoping for a better rookie season but at least he had a great season in the Truck series after finishing in 2nd place.

The three Northeast Ohio Motorsports drivers really struggled. Jordan Hunt finished in 30th place but he finishes 2nd in the standings and won a lot of money so he has something to smile about. Gary Wheat finished in 39th and Robby Stone 43rd. It will probably be a long off season for them, wondering what could have been.

The 13th season of Lucky Dog Racing now comes to an end. It was another great season, thanks to everyone for participating. Congrats once again to Jose Rodriguez and we'll see all of you back at Daytona to do it all again!




2016 Cup Series Chase Grid



All-Time
Cup Series Winners

Pos.
Driver Name
Team
Wins
Last Win
1. Harry Jeffery Coast To Coast Racing 16 7/17/16
2. Hurricane Sidwell Sunday Money 12 10/30/16
3. John Wilson Texas Motorsports 12 4/17/16
4. Stephen DiCaprio Racing Traditions, Inc. 12 2/28/16
5. Gwen Demian Intimidator Racing, Inc. 11 10/2/16
6. Leon Baker 5:16 Racing 11 9/20/15
7. Ed Blackman Coast To Coast Racing 11 5/24/15
8. Matt Sealey* Racing Traditions, Inc. 11 6/26/11
9. Charquillia Addison Gopher Broke Racing 10 8/1/16
10. Randy Cook Randy Cook Racing 9 9/4/16
Member wins are ranked by date. Most recent wins are ranked first.
*indicates inactive member



** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
After Carl Edwards tried to block Logano, things did not end well for him.
Chase Driver Performance
Homestead
Driver
Pos.
Jose Rodriguez 12th
Jordan Hunt 30th
Gary Wheat 39th
Robby Stone 43rd


Next Cup Series Race

next race logo
Daytona Intl. Speedway
February 19, 2017
Time: 2:00pm EST
tv logo
2016 Winners:
NASCAR: Denny Hamlin
LDR: Robby Stone


** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
Visit Zazzle.com for the Lucky Dog Team T-Shirt!
Customize it by adding your team name on the front!


** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
Vist the Lucky Dog League Store for lots of other merchandise!






2016 Top 10 Drivers
Pos.
Driver Name
Team
Points
1. Jose Rodriguez El Diablo & The Magic Men M.S. 5032
2. Jordan Hunt Northeast Ohio Motorsports 5014
3. Gary Wheat Northeast Ohio Motorsports 5005
4. Robby Stone Northeast Ohio Motorsports 5001
5. Matt Minnich South Mountain Motorsports 2265
6. Jay Smogolski Coast To Coast Racing 2253
7. Paul Scannell Racing Traditions, Inc. 2248
8. Jessy Turgeon Racing Traditions, Inc. 2236
9. Stephen DiCaprio Racing Traditions, Inc. 2230
10. Randy Cook Randy Cook Racing 2226
2016 Top 10 Teams
Pos.
Team Name
Drivers
Points
1. Racing Traditions, Inc. S. DiCaprio, D. Higley
P. Scannell, J. Turgeon
131
2. South Mountain Motorsports B. Blair, M. Minnich 86
3. Northeast Ohio Motorsports J. Hunt, B. Douce
G. Wheat, R. Stone
50
4. Randy Cook Racing R. Cook, R. Smith
T. Howell
25
5. El Diablo & The Magic Men M.S. J. Rodriguez. G. Miller
W. Riney, R. Blackman
18
6. Webbspun Racing R. Webb 6
7. 48wins7 J. Sebastian 6
8. Coast To Coast Racing K. Sullivan, E. Blackman
H. Jeffery, J. Smogolski
-4
9. Jim Beam Racing S. Burton, D. Smith
J. Tenpenny, J. Thesier
-5
10. Whooz Racing W. Ebach
-5
** PLEASE DESCRIBE THIS IMAGE **
17 Feb 2004
Copyright © 2004-2016 LDR Productions
All Rights Reserved.